Thursday, January 7, 2010

Twenty Tenner...Over and Out.

Happy New Year, Internet! And happy new decade, as some jackass replied with earlier this week. Uh...right.

There’s been so much happening with me lately. The holidays were so nice…two weeks of sleeping late, drinking consistently more than my liver would like and catching up with family and friends, though maybe too much of the former and not nearly enough of the latter.

One of my distressing experiences: I broke up with KB. Because I am a bitch. And apparently, I think that Christmas is an excellent time to end a relationship, particularly when the other person is spending the holidays with your family.

I did talk with him about the break up before Christmas so that if he didn’t want to come he could make different arrangements. But come he did, and I confess that it was really nice to see him: in spite of the split, I do care very much for him and enjoy his company. We had made plans to go to San Franciso for new year, but I didn’t think that it was really appropriate for me to go, considering everything, so I flew back to Vancouver and he carried on to America.

Yeah, so that’s…fun…

Onto better things:

I went to Mt. Baker in Washington the weekend before going on holiday. It was mother fucking amazing…and that’s pretty amazing!! It’s inexpensive, it’s pretty quiet, it’s got a glacier to stare at while running small children over. What’s not to lurve??

Oh…right…this: Torrential rain on the second day. Sideways rain by the bucket. Ugh.

Injuries incurred since my (not so) triumphant return to VanCity:

Thlippery Thlope:

What: Tongue incident
When: Sunday last
Where: Mt. Seymour tubing hill, second bump from the bottom
Why: Because I was giggling (read: squealing) like a school child zipping down the hill with my mouth wide open and hit the bump, which caused me to hit my chin on the tube, which caused me to bite my tongue since it was caught in between top and bottom jaw. It’s still bloody swollen and I have been talking with a slight lisp since.

I might keep the lisp.

Mystery skin gouging:

The middle finger of my right hand, which I use all of the time to flip people off due to my bad assness, has a big divot taken out of it. I don’t know when or where it happened. All I know is the stinging, stinging sensation when I was applying moisturiser after a shower. It’s too deep to be a paper cut, but too shallow to be a knife wound. And I like to thing that I’m switched on enough to realise when I’ve been cut with a knife. Or perhaps not.

Moral: Take me out back and shoot me, I am done.

My new fucking haircut:

I’ve been watching MTV’s Jersey Shore…and I love, love, love it. Love it! This show is a total trainwreck, filled with incredibly vacuous, vacant, unfortunately hairstyled guidos spending their summer at the Jersey shore in a share house. The drama that these kids make up boggles my mind and I just can’t get enough.

That’s what’s been pulling me through the dreary days between Christmas and New Year. Hey, we all need a crutch from time to time and it was either this or illicit drug use. And, well, I can't afford illicit drugs.

Anna

2 comments:

  1. Anna,

    Happy new year or HNY as the kids say.
    They say the year ahead is how it begins... or something. I hope this isn't true - I just saw Avatar and don't wish my whole year to be dull hour after cliche after boredom after...sigh.

    Have you seen this? How do they get away with it? "I may not be much of a horse guy but I was born to do this" ? That doesn't make any sense!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. HNY to you too, Ricko!

    Haven't seen Avatar. The only blue CG thingey that I like is Sully from Monsters, Inc, who doesn't resemble a horse at all, but he was born to be kinda awesome!

    Like us.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete