Monday, October 26, 2009

Words From My (Zombie) Mother

My Mum was waiting for her vaccination of the swine flu aka H1N1 aka (post innoculation) I ain't afraid of no flu. While she was waiting in line and I was working on my high scores in solitare, Mum was texting updates of her progress.

It would appear that everyone in Edmonton went to the same clinic as her, dazzled by the promise of not getting the dreaded leurgy, to which I applaud them for being proactive in the not-dying-today dept. The effect, however, was a crazy long line of people waiting to get a prick in the arm, for a change.

This is the end of the exchange (after 3.5 hours of waiting - and while Mum has told some whoppers before, she would say embellished - I would say LIE, I'm tempted to believe her in this case with all the hysteria surrounding this flu):

Mum: Good News. Shots done so in 15 min. I'm outta here!

Me:
Nice one. Are you feeling healthy or has your blood sugar level dropped far enough to make you unrecognisable as a human?

Mum: Totally unhuman ... almost zombie like and there are so many brains here!

Me: Me want brains!! And guts!

Mum: NICE......I think I'll settle for some good old fashioned fast food!

Me: I think brains might have a higher nutritional value than fast food.

Mum: Lunch good. Brain mushy. Arms sore.

Me: I didn't think that zombies could text. Spooky. But I'm glad the brains were good.

Mum (in what is, and will be, the coolest comment ever to leave her sweet [ha!] soul): Zombies are highly misunderstood sensitive beings with rather unfortunate fashion sense.

This, dear internet, is the woman that raised me. Show her a roomful of people and she wants to eat their braiiiiiins.

Still, it has to be better than McDonalds.

No comments:

Post a Comment